Wednesday

The Best Feeling I've Had in AH-WH-ile

Messing around with the drum track on "Nude" by Radiohead. Trying to use a compressor to increase the sound floor. I was struggling with trying to get it right, randomly turning knobs, and watching a monitor with no idea what these lines and red jumping balls meant on the screen. Somehow, I got the compressor to open how I wanted, and then I turned it up, and the cymbals sounded like Phil Selway was hitting them right in front of me. It wasn't the perfect use of a compressor. Granted, the track had already been mixed, and turning up the gain created a noticeable amount of tape hiss, but it was just amazing to affect sound to make it sound a little more sweeter. I really think I made the right choice by going back to school to study audio. Su-pa Ge-nius.

No comments: